Enjoy the South Crete Tour, while you walk through the 138 meter deep gorge of Aradena, which ends in one of the most iconic beaches in Chania, Marmara.
Duration: Approx. 10 hours
Capacity: 1-8 persons
SOUTH CRETE tour highlights
Walk through the Aradena gorge
Swimm in majestic marmara beach
Enjoy a traditional meal in a local restaurant
Have a drink in the picturesque village of Loutro
Customize your Tour:
● If you don’t wish to visit Aradena gorge, Marmara beach and Loutro, you can choose Imbros gorge, Frangokastello castle or Glyka nera beach. Additionally, if you don’t want to go hiking, you can visit all the not easily accessible beaches via taxi boats or by renting a boat.
● If you wish to customise the tour even further, please let us know in the request form your ideas and we will help you to have an unforgettable tour.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking driver
- Air-conditioned mini van
- Cold soft drinks and beverages during our journey
- Beach equipment (snorkeling , kids equipment, umbrellas, bath towels)
- Power chargers
- Wi-Fi on board
- First aid kit
- Liability insurance
- Snacks and meals
- Taxi from Sfakia to Aradena (30€ per group)
- Taxi boat transfer (10€ approx. per person)
Don’t forget to bring
- Walking shoes
Your tour, your way: We understand that each traveler, or traveler group, has specific interests around which they plan their holiday, so if you are not satisfied with the suggested itinerary, you can add or remove an activity, but please do let us know in advance using the contact us form. If the total duration of the tour ends up being more than 11 hours, there would be an additional fee of €30/hour.
South Crete Tour Additional information
The deepest gorge in Chania is the gorge of Aradena. The 138 meter deep gorge is ideal not only for sightseeing or hiking but for bunjee jumping as well. The trekking inside the canyon till the exit on the majestic Marmara beach is an unforgettable experience for those who attempt the descent of the canyon. Aradena is one of the most interesting gorges and one of the longest ones (15km long).
Marmara beach is am amazing secluded small pebbly bay shaped near the exit of the imposing Aradena Gorge, in Sfakia region. It is the beach where the ramblers of Aradena Gorge rest before continuing their course to Loutro. The name Marmara means “marbles” and is named after the soft colorful rocks and sea caves, that consist the most striking featiure of the place. There are no roads here, so walking or boat are the only possible means to reach the place. There is one small tavern near the beach, where you can eat really good food (reservations are needed!) and umbrellas on the beach.
Loutro is a small seaside village. It was the site of the ancient city of Phoenix and was the port of ancient Anopolis. Loutro is a place for those people who want something different. A small picturesque fishing village in south west Crete, not yet spoilt by mass tourism. For example there are no big hotels with swimming pools. There are no overcrowded streets, restaurants and beaches, there are no cars!